Make Up Your Week: Balmain's Smokey Eye
Runways, fashion week, and exclusive shows are the time to debut new trends that will shake up industries. With luxury fashion house Balmain’s twist on the classic night time look, “the smoky eye” is bound to be a hit for the summer. As subtle and sweet this look is, the smoky eye look helps bring your nighttime look into the day, keeping it casual while sexy. This product guide will help you achieve the Balmain runway feel
1. Primer: Tatcha Silk Canvas Primer ($52): Tatcha, one of the biggest skincare brands in the US, started to dabble into the makeup industry and their recently-released primer has shaken the table. Tatcha’s primer is a skincare as well as a makeup product, so the combination helps your skin while keeping your foundation flat and out of your pores. If you want a smooth finish before applying your foundation as well as preventing breakouts, then the Tatcha primer is a win-win.
2. Base: Backstage Face & Body Foundation by Dior ($40): Dior’s new foundation comes in a total of forty shades, giving you a foundation for all ranges of skin tones. Backstage Face and Body comes in a matte finish that promises to be waterproof and sweat-resistant. Even with summer in full effect, the trips to the beach as well as those humid days couldn’t beat this foundation if it tries. As well as it being a buildable foundation, this foundation will seem to be an ultimate win this summer. Not only can this foundation be used on your face, but it can also be used to conceal marks upon your body such as scars, bruises and more. Who doesn’t like a dual use foundation?
3. Highlighter: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Shade Moonstone ($38): For the model above, a soft but sheer highlighter will help you get that glow on top of your foundation. In this case, Becca’s Shimmering Skin Perfecter Highlighter in the shade Moonstone seems to be the best choice. Moonstone is a shade that works on all skin tones without being too silver or too gold. It’s the right amount of shimmer.
4. Lip: NARS Orgasm Afterglow Lip Balm ($28): NARS recently expanded their best-selling color, Orgasm, into a whole new collection that includes their afterglow lip balm. The lip balm itself is sheer but still gives you that nice pink color to help brighten up your lips. Its moisturizing and minimal effect, can be used to soften up the look.
5. Eyebrows: It Cosmetics Universal Eyebrow Pencil in The Shade Taupe ($24): This pencil ranges from blonde-brown to very dark brown shades, depending on the pressure you put on it as you apply. The pencil will last a long time, and it comes with a brush on another end to comb out your eyebrows and soften the intensity of the product.
6. Eyelid: Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills ($42): One of the newer palettes made by Anastasia Beverly Hills, it comes with a simple feel to make any look subtle or glamorous. As a brand who aims to make the best formulas with their shadows, this palette adds a glamour to a collection while hitting all of the basics for a day-and-night look. The darker shades on the palette Balmain runway look, but the others give you opportunity to glam it up when you want a change.
Soft glam is all what this look comes down to. It’s a way to keep it sexy but subtle to help pull together your everyday looks. As simple as the look may seem, the effort that goes into it is twice as much, but the end result will always be worth it. These products will ensure a swept-off-the-runway look, and with these products, the glamorous feeling is not far behind.